Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Class F power amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinato

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to know how to design load network for a class F pa using port adapter in cadence

I need to know how to design load network for a class F pa using port adapter in cadence
Hi Sinato
You simply mentioned you want design a load network for a class F amplifier . but don't you think you need to mention another things too ?
What kind of class F amplifier ? single ended ? double ended ? for what kind of load ? for how much power ? for what kind of Q ? first try to answer these questions !
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Look up any reference book on SMPA by Sokal for a good explanation of design practices. Class F tends to be one of the more difficult types to design, and usually requires very good simulations to get good results.

well it is a single ended one , the thing I don't understand that when we design power amplifier for example class E we use port adapter (vary reflection coeff at different freq )so as to determine the optimum load for best output power for example but when designing class F we are now not only caring about load termination at our operating frequency but we also care about other harmonics . at high operating class F we usually don't make open and short circuits we use other load impedance .I don't know how they care about different ones at the same time . I tried to know the optimum at my operating frequencies using port adapter then placing another port adapter at double the frequency but the simulation always fails (I think because of instability issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back