Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circularly polarised antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
can anybody tell me how to simulate the circularly polarised fm antenna and some design tips which s/w for the simulation

thanks in advance

what output

What about the antenna do you want to simulate? Most circular polarizations are made with a horizontal and a vertical antenna fed 90 degrees apart. If this is your case you can take advantage of orthogonality and simulate each antenna separately and add the electric fields at any azimuth, elevation, and range. Or you can do the whole works at once.

SuperNEC is good but it requires matLAB.
There are several free NEC programs here https://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu/swindex.html

Re: what output

flatulent said:
What about the antenna do you want to simulate? Most circular polarizations are made with a horizontal and a vertical antenna fed 90 degrees apart. If this is your case you can take advantage of orthogonality and simulate each antenna separately and add the electric fields at any azimuth, elevation, and range. Or you can do the whole works at once.

SuperNEC is good but it requires matLAB.
There are several free NEC programs here https://www.qsl.net/wb6tpu/swindex.html

Hi Flatulent,

using your method of 2 orthogonally feed antenna to obtain circular polarisation, how do I obtain cicular polarisation radiation plot? Can this be done automatically in SuperNEC or do I need to phyically extract the data files and then add them?

Many thanks in advace 4 ur help :)

Cheers,
Element7k

two answers

If you do the whole thing at one time the results are correct.

If you do each half separately, you will have to add them by the square root of the sum of the squares method.

This latter is very inconvenient if you want numeric values. If you just want to look at the two plots and add them in your imagination it is usable.

I do not know enough about each simulator to know how the outputs can be combined.

The advantage of doing them separately and combining them in your imagination is that you can tell the amount of circular polarization. When the two fields are equal it is circular. When they are slightly different it is elliptic, and when one is much larger than the other it is linear with the polarization of the larger field's antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back