Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circular waveguide in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTNI

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm trying to simulate a circular waveguide in CST. I have drawn my cylinder, picked the end faces and added waveguide ports to them.

I want to excite this with circular polarization, do I do this by defining a plane wave from the menu and selecting circular from the option?

When I simulate, I get a warning message that says, "2 degenerated mode(s) at port 1 is/are not included in time domain calculation! It may be better to increase the number of modes at port 1."

Can anyone explain this to me? I have increased the number of modes up to 20, and I still get this warning! This is with no CP plane wave, just the default excitation (which I assume is linear)

Thanks.

hi,

i think you should use the waveport to excite the circular waveguide, a plane wave is used for scatting case.

hgc1979 said:
hi,

i think you should use the waveport to excite the circular waveguide, a plane wave is used for scatting case.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. How do I excite the waveguide with c.p. in CST if I don't use a plane wave?

Thanks.

hello RTNI,

Mostly, a waveport is excited by liner polarization, if you want to get c.p. I think maybe you should define two ports with two l.p. excitations that have 90 degree phase delay.

BR

hye all..
actually i dont understand about how to define two ports with two lp??and how to know the result is CP??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back