Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[circuit theory] Transfer function of feedback network

Status
Not open for further replies.

melkord

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the system with negative feedback, what is described by G(s) actually? is it G(s)=A(s)/Y(s) ?

If I want to derive Y(s)/X(s), is it a correct way to derive G(s)=A(s)/Y(s) and then I can plug it in to the equation (8.2)?

With simple resistor as feedback, I usually derive the transfer function directly.
But right now, I have a quite complicated feedback network with some frequency-dependent components.
That's why I want to derive G(s) first.

1639570544585.png

1639570196508.png

Attachments

• 1639570082378.png
    1639570082378.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 95

Attachments

• AN154.pdf
    843.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Just derive the G(s) element expression, and plug that
into 8.2, just as you do for H(s).

sorry it is a bit unclear for me.
I think I should derive G(s)=A(s)/Y(s) when the feedback network is detached from the feedforward. Is this correct?
1639577270408.png

I will check your links. Thanks

Yes, you treat G(s) as a stand alone network with an input
and output. But dont use Y(s) as input because that would make
it a f( G(s), X(s), Y(s) ). So make input Z(s), output A(s), and then
solve for is T(s) = A(s) / Z(s) and plug that into the general T(s)
for the overall problem.

Regards, Dana.

I wonder what you mean with "derive G(s)"? The feedback factor is intentionally chosen in the design process.

You are stating in post #1:
I have a quite complicated feedback network with some frequency-dependent components.
That's why I want to derive G(s) first.
In this case, G(s) will be described by a rational function with numerator and denominator coefficients (zeros and poles). Consider that the "detached" feedback network must be loaded similarly to the final circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back