Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit that takes jpg pictures and displays them on 7" lcd + voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWhoF

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a request to design and build a prototype of a stand-alone device that can take pictures (jpg) like a still camera and display them on a 6-7” LCD then it should be able to record a short (voice) description of the picture and play it back at will.
Anyone with any idea(s) is welcome.
DrWho

Hi,
I think the best idea is to contact some company who is designing photo camera and to step on their design. Is it a product for mass production or you want just to play with the development? I have some companies in my mind that can help you in this.

Reactions: DrWhoF

DrWhoF

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
How about using el-cheapo "small" laptop?
It has all devices built-in and the only thing that is missing is an application to run it the way you want ..

:wink:
IanP

DrWhoF

Thanks for your suggestions.
Luben, which companies do you have in mind?
IanP, what do you mean by "small" laptop, those with the win7 starter?

Hi IanP,

What I have in mind is a company located in Bulgaria (MM Solutions) - they can develop dedicated board and software for what you need. I forgot the other company located in Korea which can also help you. It's hard to find such companies because if the company is too big you're outside of their interest, if the company is too small - they can simply not make it. I would stick to ezLCD (**broken link removed**) ready modules for small volume designs - they have 7'' with touch screen and quite powerful operating system.

Luben

Hi Tamid,

Second hand equipment is good for prototyping or for students projects but it's a bad idea if you want to sell a new product based on second hand modules.

DrWhoF

I think a notebook is the way to go ..
Perhaps re-package it into something better suitable, but all hardware is there, including power (battery and charger), camera etc.
LCD module alone will cost you more than a low-price notebook, then you need to add all the rest of hardware, and write software ..
Notebook comes with operating system and all what you need is an application written in maybe LabView, o something similar ..

:wink:
IanP

Attachments

• Notebook-IBM-R50.jpg
    Notebook-IBM-R50.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 83

DrWhoF

Hi Tamid,

Second hand equipment is good for prototyping or for students projects but it's a bad idea if you want to sell a new product based on second hand modules.

Yes, I said so assuming it was just a hobby/student project. If he wants it to be a commercial project, something like I said before (small notebook/netbook) would be a better choice, I think.

DrWhoF

OK, notebook.
Is it possible to set it up in such a way that the appliction starts and user is unaware of the operating system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back