Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit layout/design/ideas help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustyturret

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

As this is my first post I thought Id just say hi and introduce myself. My background is mechanical engineering although I am studying very basic electronics as part of my current collage course, but have a grasp of the basics...Just...

I am currently doing my finally year project in mechanical design and hopefully building a working prototype front LED bicycle light.

The light will have twin LED's and incorporates solar charging. Now I would also like the light to come on automatically when dark and to stop it discharging whilst not being ridden incorporate some sort of motion sensing. The light will run on 3V as this is the rating of the solar cell circuit I have to use and the battery pack I hope to incorporate.

So my issues/problems:

I need to intograte swiching of the light only when dark and motion is detected. I have an idea for the switching whilst dark as I am using the solar cell/circuit from one of those garden lights which already has this incorporated and will use a variable resistor to fine tune this.

As for the motion detection I looked at PIR but cant find a 3V circuit diagram, from my google research it seems they need 5V minimum to operated + this system may be a little cumbersome for my light. So i was thinking Ultrasonics would it be possible to run Ultrasonics on 3V and incorporate a double switch?

Any help or ideas would be gratefully appreciated, also any good sites for schematics etc would be great.

Hopefully this post is in the right forum section.

Cheers,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back