Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit design for making the pulse signals of different amplitude into square pulses

Status
Not open for further replies.

patan.gova

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am getting output signals from filtering stage as here **broken link removed** .
The sequence of pulse signals being obtained are of different amplitudes but I want to make them into square pulses of equal amplitude say below 3V as I will be using this to read with micro controller in the next stage.
I found that the schmitt will do this job.Can I use schmitt trigger for my purpose.
If so, can anyone provide some information for the circuit designing that best suits my requirement.
Thanks.

First, amplify your signal so that the lowest amplitude is above 3V, then use a schmitt trigger to handle the rest

If the minimum signal level is above about 50mV then you can use a comparator, such as an LM319 or LM393 (with a small amount of positive feedback to give Schmitt trigger action). A typical comparator circuit is shown on this page.

Edit: For 3V output, connect the output resistor to a 3V supply (the comparator supply must still be at least 5V).

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.