Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

circuit braker install direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohammadyou

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
In my house my circuit breaker didn't work correctly. Its attitude was irrational. It was installed upside down (vertically that the on switch was placed in the buttom ). Some of my colleage told me that if I flip the device it works correctly. he was right and now I don 't have any problem with it.
I'm looking for the logic behind this? It seems to me we dont have a specific input and output in circuit breaker.

Hi
In my house my circuit breaker didn't work correctly. Its attitude was irrational. It was installed upside down (vertically that the on switch was placed in the buttom ). Some of my colleage told me that if I flip the device it works correctly. he was right and now I don 't have any problem with it.
I'm looking for the logic behind this? It seems to me we dont have a specific input and output in circuit breaker.

"circuit braker" is automatic fuse, contactor,.... or simple switch ?

https://electronics.howstuffworks.com/circuit-breaker2.htm

For sure you need to follow manufacturer recomendations for product installation.

Best regards,
Peter

All of the residential panel circuit breakers I've seen are
keyed so they only snap in and make electrical contact,
one way. But you might have gotten it to remain in the
slot, without connection, oppositely.

Thanks Guys for your reply.
[url said:
https://electronics.howstuffworks.com/circuit-breaker2.htm[/url]
I had seen the page but I can't get the point. for instance some kind of Circuit breakers are based on electromagnet and we put them in series. the input and out shouldn't be important because we just sense the fields and in both direction the fields that has produced are the same ?

Thanks Guys for your reply.

I had seen the page but I can't get the point. for instance some kind of Circuit breakers are based on electromagnet and we put them in series. the input and out shouldn't be important because we just sense the fields and in both direction the fields that has produced are the same ?

Point is to see picture from that link which shows circuit braker (automatic fuse) from inside, where you can see that there is moving mechanical parts. If you install automatic fuse upside down, maybe gravitational force have influence on some parts and this can prevent normal operation.

Best regards,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.