Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chromatic Tuner IC Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmenow

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi newbies here, need help on IC Chromatic Tuner TM-1

uc

uc

I'm looking for replacement IC or similar IC if TM-1 no longer available now.

Please advice

Thank you very much

This looks like a proprietary (Ovation brand) IC made to detect a tone coming from the microphone, and to light one of 12 led's (bottom row) indicating what note of the scale it matches.

The green led (upper row) lights when the pitch is exact, with the red led's to either side telling you the pitch is slightly high or low.

I believe the 32kHz is divided down to generate the twelve frequencies of the scale internally. One of 12 led's is lit via a clever scheme of 5 wires driving them.

Not likely you'll find a direct replacement.
General advice nowadays is to use a micro-controller.

Otherwise perhaps a frequency-to-voltage converter, followed by a 3914 dot/bar display IC. It would be a difficult project.

This looks like a proprietary (Ovation brand) IC made to detect a tone coming from the microphone, and to light one of 12 led's (bottom row) indicating what note of the scale it matches.

The green led (upper row) lights when the pitch is exact, with the red led's to either side telling you the pitch is slightly high or low.

I believe the 32kHz is divided down to generate the twelve frequencies of the scale internally. One of 12 led's is lit via a clever scheme of 5 wires driving them.

Not likely you'll find a direct replacement.
General advice nowadays is to use a micro-controller.

Otherwise perhaps a frequency-to-voltage converter, followed by a 3914 dot/bar display IC. It would be a difficult project.
Thank you for @BradtheRad you're absolutely correct it is using in Ovation Vintage guitar, I will give up because I haven't knowledge to modify it just need to find the IC. As you said not even place to find the direct replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.