Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choosing crystal for RX circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndeaton

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a receiver circuit around a RF receiver chip. The app note in the datasheet specifies a crystal with a 20ppm tolerance. However, the best I can find on Digikey and Mouser is 30ppm. Will this part work ok or do I need to keep searching?

Thanks

Depends on many parameters like

- receiver bandwidth
- utilized temperature range
- possible channel assignment in utilized RF band

YOu can't make an Xtal 20 ppm over a wide temperature range due to the 3rd order variations with different cuts.
You can get a 25ppm tolerance at room temp and a 25 ppm over a wide temp range and design a compensation and null offset circuit.

But no need now.

For about $2~4 now you can get a 0.5 to 10ppm TCXO which is temperature compensated at D-K

Use one of these. https://www.digikey.com/product-sea...=0&rohs=0&quantity=1&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=500

Of course if this just for room temp, a Varicap or trimcap can null any offset 50 ppm or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back