Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chip to display photo on TV screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

rzohar

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends
I am looking for a chip which can get a digital image (like JPG, JPEG ) as input and convert it to S-Video / VGA / SVGA so I can show the photo on my TV screen.
Can someone help ?

Thanks

Zohar

Hi rzohar,
I don't think you can find any single schip that will do this for you.

First of all, you need to specify what media you are talking about.

Second, you need to have a device with a display interface, and specifcly a TV output unit.

Third, you need to have a board with all the proper connectors, memory, i/o etc. on it.

There are some ICs on the market with a VGA output on them, Chips and Technology used to have a single chip PC with a CGA/VGA ouput driver on it.

The best way to do it, is to use an ATMEL micro controller, toegher with a large enough CPLD or FPGA, and a high speed D/A converter or a VGA chip. Plus enough memory for the unit, one for the processor to use during the de-compression and one for the memory of the display unit to show the memory on your TV screen while the next unit is being "translated into RGB or any other type you use.

If you find a chip that does this, please let us all know, I am really curious about it.

BR,
/Farhad

Dear friend,

One chip is not enough.
But there is a product on the market (call it "black box") and it will take VGA from your computer and will convert it into composite video/S-video.
Go to google and find VINEGEN PRO.

Good luck!!! 8)

Did I understand the question right?

Do you want to read from a media, and show it on your TV?

Or do you want to conenct your PC to a TV? because in that case there are 100s of graphic cards on the market supporting that.

One option is to use the Phillips external CD-CDRW unit which comes with a S-Video output. It is aquiet handy.

Good luck,
/Farhad

Hi,
many CMOS image senors with integrated signal procssing can be satisfied with your requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back