Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chip Kit Max32 - The addition of new libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmp131316

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,
I am having a bit of a crisis...I am trying to add a new library to MP-IDE in order to make it work with a micro SD shield.
The idea is that i copied the library into the library folder of the MP-IDE and it didn't work it either says that it cannot find anything or when it finds it i receive compilation errors.
I also tried adding the library in the hardware folder more precisely in hardware\pic32\libraries and it still doesn't work.
The hardware folder is in the MP-IDE folder and comes when you download the program.
After every unzip i restarted the IDE...

I have tried with sdFat and with Fat16 when i compile example sketches i receive errors...
for example for fat16 ->
#error "Endianess undefined! Please define LITTLE_ENDIAN=1 or BIG_ENDIAN=1."

The same code samples that didn't work with MP-IDE, functioned very good when I used Arduino 023

I have found on wikipedia the following suggestion about this problem but i find it a little bit ambiguous.

To add libraries, put them in a folder in your Arduino sketch folder called libraries. These are picked up as contributed libraries and will show up for both PIC and AVR environments. Libraries placed here are also preserved when you upgrade MPIDE.

The quote above is from **broken link removed**
You can find the MP-IDE on the digilent site.
And the library is **broken link removed**

Thanks for your time ;-)
Best Reards

Put the "new" library in the hardware/PIC32/libraries directory works for me. I have the board "Chipkit MAX32" configured.
IDE Library.jpg. My new library is "TinyGPS"

Status
Not open for further replies.