Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Check if my ciruit is right. Its PIC18F4550- USB, Motor Ctrl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Check if my ciruit is right. Its PIC18F4550- USB, Motor

You need to change the next:

1.- You cannot power all your circuits using the USB power supply, from the USB power supply you can only use 500 mA. Specially if you plan to use Stepper and Servo Motors. Unless the motors require very low current consumption.

2.- Stepper and servo motors cannot be driven directly from an output port, you need a driver for them like an H Bridge.

3.- You need more than one port output to drive a stepper motor, so you cannot drive 6 stepper motors using RA0 to RA5.

4 You need to use a input pin to be able to properly configure the USB, you need a way to let the system know if you are a USB or self powered device.

Re: Check if my ciruit is right. Its PIC18F4550- USB, Motor

I've modified it... Could someone recheck it..
all modifications as pointed by daviddlc

You need to change the next:

1.- You cannot power all your circuits using the USB power supply, from the USB power supply you can only use 500 mA. Specially if you plan to use Stepper and Servo Motors. Unless the motors require very low current consumption.

2.- Stepper and servo motors cannot be driven directly from an output port, you need a driver for them like an H Bridge.

3.- You need more than one port output to drive a stepper motor, so you cannot drive 6 stepper motors using RA0 to RA5.

4 You need to use a input pin to be able to properly configure the USB, you need a way to let the system know if you are a USB or self powered device.

The modified CIRCUIT is here...

I'm using UCN5804B stepper motor driver circuit..
I'm still not sure if every thing is right...
Thanks Daviddlc for help... It was a great halp indeed.. I wouldn't have found my mistakes with tat the self power mode, with out you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back