Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chebyshev Transformer Design Using AWR Microwave Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan-Willem

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a 3rd order Chebyshev transformer to match a 100 load to a 50 line. The specifications are:

\[
f0:~~3*10^9 GHz\\
\Gamma_m:~~ 0.05\\
Z_{load}:~~ 100\Omega\\
Z_{line}:~~50\Omega\]

Using the design procedure outlined in Microwave Engineering (David M Pozar) pages 256-261 I wrote some Matlab code and did a plot of the magnitude of the reflection coefficient vs frequency (see chebyshev_matlab_plot.png). The matlab results matched the plots in Pozar.

When I went on to model the system in AWR microwave office the reflection coefficient plot I obtained did not meet the specifications, the entire pass band section lies above 0.1 (see chebyshev_awr_plot.png).

I have attached the awr project and the circuit diagram. I would greatly appreciate any help.

Attachments

• chebyshev_matlab_plot.png
    chebyshev_matlab_plot.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 159
  • chebyshev_awr_plot.png
    chebyshev_awr_plot.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 145
  • awr.zip
    26.4 KB · Views: 110
  • circuit_awr.png
    circuit_awr.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 149