Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cheap RGB laser project

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Cheap RGB laser

I would like to present project of cheap RGP laser. The idea of project is to use three different colors lasers ( red, green , blue) which common laser bundle. Thanks to right steering we can get colour that we wont. Red laser I get from DVD recorder, green from standard laser pointer, and violet one HD DVD reader. Wave range is 650 for red, 532 for green and 405nm for violet. Although 405nm is violet not blue as it should be, but it still work corectly. Unfortunately blue one with right wave range 473nm is very expensive. If you really need clear blue you can turn on 405nm and low power 532nm at the same time. Thanks to low power of green you don't have to worry about getting cyan.
Lasers diode's from DVD and HD DVD are placed in collimators that are using in standard laser pointers with low power. To merge all 3 bundles I used two interference filters - I got them from the same pointers. All optic I placed on aluminum box. All construction goes to box made with aluminum and wood elements.

All that you need is:
- DVD recorder ( could be damaged)
- HD DVD reader e.g. from Xbox 360
- collimators came from laser pointers
- green laser pointer
- plate for laser diode driver
- few piece of aluminum and wood
- bookbinding glue
Not much! Maybe the power is not amazing, but you still can have VERY CHEAP RGB laser, besides - great satisfaction!

Text came from https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1443541.html

Cheap RGB laser

kindly share control circiut for the above project

thanks

br
hobbiest_2k3

Cheap RGB laser

Did anyone try to use white-black way(either red, green or blue) for full frame scan of 320x 240 points (QVGA)?

Status
Not open for further replies.