Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charging series wired batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

txcrazy21

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to find out how to charge a pair of 9.6v rc car batteries using one wall charger? The one that is with the battery is rated at 12 VDC. 200mA. What will that do to the batteries if I plug the pair into the one charger?

Well if you pluged them in series then the charger would not like it, you could charge them in parrell but this would take twice as long with your charger, it's also recomended you can't chArge the batteries in parrell if there not dischagerd in parrell becuase if you get a weaker battery the good one would always get the most charge. so unless they are discharged together at the same time I would not recomend it eihter

So the question out there is how to charge them using one charger?
Or whats out there that is between 12 and 24 volts small package and is easily chargable?

get a higher voltage charger or do some home work and use google to search on it if you can't understand it then you should not complete it:D

Its not that I don't understand it, I am trying to "mass produce" a project and the battery is whats holding me up. It works with the series wired batteries I just don't like taking off the cover to charge the two batteries. I am looking for a transformer type charger that would get me at least 18 volts without killing my budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back