Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charge distribution AD Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoop835

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I am designing 8-bit SAR Converter based on the following journal. (see attachment file)

Can someone throw me some light on how to decide the capacitor value for the sample-hold circuit. Is there any good reference or design guidelines for this circuit?

Cheers!

the value of the capactor can be several pf,you should simulate your circuit.
and you also consider the parasitic capactor .

regards

the main problem is KT/C noise.
pay attention to it not bigger than 1/3 of least bits

For a mere 8-bit ADC, kT/C noise should not be an issue. You should pick it based on matching. As a second thought, even matching should not be an issue here since it is again, an 8-bit converter.

several pf is enough for you to realize a 8bit resolution. I think the key are the cap mismatch and the offset of your comparator.

i want to design a 10bit 50khz low power sar adc,can anyone give me some advice or reference ?

you can refer to the book from DAvid Johns & ken Martin. it was discussing the charge distribution ADC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back