Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Charge controller to charge my 6 Volts 4.5 Ah battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmadithya

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a Solar Panel having rating
5 Watt,
V(open circuit) 21.6 Volt
I(Short circuit) 0.32 Amps
V(mp) 17.3 Volt
I(mp) 0.29 Amps
Please suggest a suitable Charge controller to charge my 6 Volts 4.5 Ah battery.

The specs of your PV panel suggest it is meant for a 12V system. Although you can connect it directly to your 6V battery, and it will charge the battery at a safe rate (.3 A is C/15 for a 4.5 AH capacity)...

You should not allow it to overcharge the battery. In time there is risk that it will reduce the electrolyte level.

A commercial controller can handle the solar panel's output. But I believe they are made to see a 12V battery at its output. It may be confused by having a 6V battery hooked up... unless it has a setting to choose 6V rather than 12V.

Were you thinking of making your own controller?

Hi,

Yes i'm planning to make my own switch mode controller. So I need any DIP IC which I could use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back