Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cellphone interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

omert

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
interfacing a cellphone with a computer

Has anyone got any idea of cell phone interfacing...??? Or has anyone done it ?

home automation

what kind of interfacing u are asking or want to know ?? i have done the interfacing to check the cell phone and that was using the AT commands ...

cellphone interfacing, embedtronics

Hi.I am also interested in this topic.Something in the region of controlling lights at home,switshing on an burgular alarm,geyser,open gates.......
Interfasing with anologue to digital chips,etc

interfacing with a cell phone

You need a cell phone with proper serial cable to interface. For nokia phone you need a DLR3 cable with M-bus protocol. A microcontroller or computer is needed to process the data to send.

Try searching the forum for more details and project.

shematic cellphon 3120

I dont know about interfacing a cellphone to the PC but if you are willing to spend some time you can write a JAVA program for your cellphone which will controll the bluetooth. you can then add a bluetooth chip to your home automation system and controll it with your cellphone. Personaly I'm building a separate master(controlled by DS89C450) which I'll interface with the different slaves using 433MHz RF. I'm also using a 320x240 touch sensitive LCD for the master.

Rossi

m-bus +pic16f84

here is some use full .pdf file , u can use this ,bt i have no idea. this file has been copied by lab admin in uni e-book server in IIUI-Pakistan.

fahad

usb nokia 3120 interface pic16f

You need to use AT commands (GSM 07.05 and GSM 07.07 standards), information in attachment

EPE Magazine has made an project available on cellphone interfacing.March April May 2007.Use a Nokia 5110 3310 3210 & 6110.
4 inputs 8 outputs.

Regards
Johan

i am also interested to do the same project.......but i have a 3120 nokia set will it work with this set.......and is there any special requirement of the data cable......

How to use Nokia 5200? It connects with PC using USB cable. Using the software provided by nokia, I can send and receive sms from my pc itself. I want to read the dtmf signals sent/received while calling. How is it done?

Greetings,

Here, the steps you can follow to get an interface to your cell phone:

1. get the data cable of your cell phone... serial / usb
2. based on cable data type, you must search adecuated code for interface the phone with the SO. The easy way is the serial one.... usb is more complicated, because you need a general driver or programming your own driver
3. read a lot about the AT Commands, search the AT Commands for your specific phone... this is the way to control your phone...

Good luck

hi! i have a problem regarding the whole thing about SMS vending machine... we are planning to utilize PIC16f84 or the kind, a 6210 nokia phone and an LCD. Can you recommend any circuitry and interfacing?!! please.... thanx! God Bless

Added after 1 minutes:

how can i interface nokia 6210 with a PIC?

Added after 10 minutes:

how to relate RS232, MAX232 and PIC16f873?

3310 the cheapest and the easiest

Check this out.. It is a big help for you..

**broken link removed**
Also, valid for Nokia 3310..
Enjoy..

**broken link removed**

a great site, many thanks to Sir Wayne Peacock
i was able to build this project

capable of connecting and disconnecting the meter with reply as confirmation, by sending the right keyword it will send back current kwhr reading

Hi penoy_balut!
I did't find the schematic this project.
Can you help me?

**broken link removed**

you can use any static ram instead of RTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back