Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CDMA SIM specifications wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcover

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cdma sim number specification

Hi experts,

I am looking for an official SIM card specifications for the CDMA, just like the GSM11.11 for GSM. Where can I locate it?

By the way, I know that not all CDMA phones use SIM. Why is it so?

Thanks!

CDMA phones do not accept SIM cards. The SIM card technology is actually fantastic from the concept, because all of your identities as well as your phone numbers are actually stored on the SIM card. If you rent a car that has a GSM phone built in, you simply take your card out of your phone, plug it into the car phone, and all your incoming calls will be directed to your car-phone. As well, all your outgoing calls will go through your payment plan. If your GSM phone breaks, you can go out and buy another one anywhere, plug in your old SIM card, and vola, you are up and running again. If you can get your hands on a used GSM phone for cheap or free, you can plug the card in, instead of going to your provider and having them sell you one of their overpriced models at full price.

"I am looking for an official SIM card specifications for the CDMA
as per my knowledge there is no CDMA phones have SIm cards.

There are CDMA phones with SIM cards.

SIM cards in CDMA are kown as Removable User Identity Module (RUIM).
RUIM ad SIM have same functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back