Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CD-ROM won't eject (car receiver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumone

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a Clarion DXZ545MP car radio. The unit won't eject CDs. I took it apart and it works if I press up on the gears at the back of the unit. How can I fix it cause I don't really see any broken gears. Do I need a service manual?

Or does anyone know common solutions are when a car radio's CD player won't eject CDs. (I get "error 2" on the display, which means that it couldn't eject the CD/aka mechanism isn't working)

Sometimes there are rubber pillers (to hold the grear wheel up). Check to see if these are worn out.

Didn't see anything holding the gears up. I wish I had a digital camera. The only thing securing the drive together are screws. The way the drive is suspended in the chassis is with small springs on each corner (rectangle). At the front of the drive (at the corners) there are 2 soft beige-ish things that look like pyramids that the drive sticks a ball into. Then there's one in the back in the center. Could these be the pillars? Thing is, they're not touching the gears, but they definitely are holding the drive up (I guess for shock protection or something).

Does anyone know any site that describes the types of CD mechanisms in car radios? I'm lost when I don't even know what I'm looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back