Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Causes for large -ve slack during pre-place STA

Status
Not open for further replies.

useless_skew

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If there is a huge -ve slack during pre-placement STA, what is the reason for that?
According to me, it is due to a poorly synthesized netlist or due to some constraints in the timing constraints file.

Is there any other reason for this large -ve slack?

Does the floorplan/macro placement affect pre-placement timing analysis results in any way?

Thanks.

useless_skew said:
If there is a huge -ve slack during pre-placement STA, what is the reason for that?
According to me, it is due to a poorly synthesized netlist or due to some constraints in the timing constraints file.

Is there any other reason for this large -ve slack?

Does the floorplan/macro placement affect pre-placement timing analysis results in any way?

Thanks.

Yes, it may due to that not constrainted during synthesis or over constrained or it may be real violation which cant met.

Floorplan and macro placement will make timing worse, not better as synthesis assumes ideal net delay.

The very good reason is..The tool will add buffers in unwanted locations so that is the reason most of the people will not go for Preplacement timing analysis..But they will go for Inplacement Optimization....We also had the same situation but later on we came to know

Reply me if u have any doubts..
And don't forget to push help button
Bye take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back