Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cause of Ghost Vision In LCD And LED Panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamkamalrandhawa

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have question about Lcd And LED Display panels, Question is when i see picture in front of screen then picture seems good but when i see it from an angle like left or right there is an ghost vision effect or like an old camera's negative tape photo. Explain me please?

Cheap LCD panels are usually made in Twisted Nematic technology, which amongst others has the following disadvantages: narrow viewing angles, colour/contrast/luminosity shift when viewing off-perpendicular. Both features will create the effects you described.

Adding to that, if you investigate how LCDs work you will understand that they (at least 'normal' LCDs) use the angle of light in conjunction with polarized filters and a reflector to create the dot/segment shapes. As you move away from the optimum viewing angle, the reflected light becomes more subject to blockage through the polarizing filter and the dark 'on' segments become less blocked by it. The overall effect is less contrast and at extreme angles a negative effect.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.