Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cascading three different op amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknolog

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to build a circuit with three different kind of op amps. They should be connected in a chain like this (from left to right)

1. Voltage amplifier
2. Transconductance amplifier.
3. Transresistance amplifier.

Vout1 = Vin2 and Iout2 = Iin3.

All three amplifiers should be made using the op amp TL071. The dual supply voltage should be +/- 5 V and the gain should be 11.

Could someone help me how to design this circuit?

I manage to make the different op amps 1,2,3 individually and I also manage to make a working cascade between 2 and 3. But will all three in a cascade, I'm wondering how the connection should be between 2 and 3? Could someone draw a circuit how you would do it?

I want to build a circuit with three different kind of op amps. They should be connected in a chain like this (from left to right)
1. Voltage amplifier
2. Transconductance amplifier.
3. Transresistance amplifier.

All three amplifiers should be made using the op amp TL071. The dual supply voltage should be +/- 5 V and the gain should be 11.

TL071 is a classical voltage opamp and, thus, cannot be wired to act as a transconductance amp (OTA with voltage in and current out).

Do you want to achieve a specific purpose or is it just a purposeless excercise problem?

In the latter case, I can imagine any kind of V/I converter representing the transconductance amplifier, e.g. a Howland current source or simply a series resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.