Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknolog

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to build a circuit with three different kind of op amps. They should be connected in a chain like this (from left to right)

1. Voltage amplifier
2. Transconductance amplifier.
3. Transresistance amplifier.

Vout1 = Vin2 and Iout2 = Iin3.

All three amplifiers should be made using the op amp TL071. The dual supply voltage should be +/- 5 V and the gain should be 11.

Could someone help me how to design this circuit?

I manage to make the different op amps 1,2,3 individually and I also manage to make a working cascade between 2 and 3. But will all three in a cascade, I'm wondering how the connection should be between 2 and 3? Could someone draw a circuit how you would do it?

TL071 is a classical voltage opamp and, thus, cannot be wired to act as a transconductance amp (OTA with voltage in and current out).

Do you want to achieve a specific purpose or is it just a purposeless excercise problem?

In the latter case, I can imagine any kind of V/I converter representing the transconductance amplifier, e.g. a Howland current source or simply a series resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.