Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Car Battery Monitor using LM3914

Status
Not open for further replies.

pieman54

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there....Just wanting to know if the circuit below can be modified to read/display the voltages in reverse order. ie. at one end of the scale led_1 turns on at 11.6 to 12V and led_10 turns on at8 to 8.4V????? Is it possible to reverse the output to do this. How would I do that????

https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/automotive/009/index.html

Here is one crazy idea:
:D
try to connect R(LO) to V(Ref-out) and R(HI) through 1kΩ to 0V
and see how it goes ..

Rgds,
IanP

pieman54 said:
Hi there....Just wanting to know if the circuit below can be modified to read/display the voltages in reverse order. ie. at one end of the scale led_1 turns on at 11.6 to 12V and led_10 turns on at8 to 8.4V????? Is it possible to reverse the output to do this. How would I do that????
Put the LM3914 in bargraph mode, Connect all the outputs of the LM3914 to a Hex Inverter gate like CD4069 and then connect LED's to its outputs which will glow the last LED when the top voltage is connected and the Bargraph will move left side as to indicate full scale for the lowest volatge set by the circuit. Cheers

IanP said:
Here is one crazy idea:
:D
try to connect R(LO) to V(Ref-out) and R(HI) through 1kΩ to 0V
and see how it goes ..

Rgds,
IanP

Thanks Ian...Tried that and unfortunately didn't work

Added after 4 minutes:

pranam77 said:
pieman54 said:
Put the LM3914 in bargraph mode, Connect all the outputs of the LM3914 to a Hex Inverter gate like CD4069 and then connect LED's to its outputs which will glow the last LED when the top voltage is connected and the Bargraph will move left side as to indicate full scale for the lowest volatge set by the circuit. Cheers

I checked out these CD4069 and must admit I'm a bit lacking when it comes to electronics. Can you describe how to connect this into the current circuit please???? Or even a quick sketch of what goes where???? Many thanks for your comments so far.

cheers

Here is your application schematic. Hope it helps you. Cheers

pranam77 said:
Here is your application schematic. Hope it helps you. Cheers

oh mate thankyou. I think I can understand this one!!!! I'll have a go in a few days and let you know how it went....Thankyou once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back