Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

capture netlist ( help urgent )

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMOSHC

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys

my probleme is when i try to export the netlist of my circuit in orcad capture to PCB designer , nothign happens .
i chose pcb designer and create pcb board and all that in the menu of create netlist , i also created a board , and chosed it as an input file .
The prob is when i chose create well , nothing happens , and even when i choose the option open the board in pcb designer , it doesn't open and nothing happens . even when i open my input file ( the board ) manually in pcb editor , there is no items to place : 0 items placed of 0 .

Help me my friends thanks alot

- - - Updated - - -

i have orcad 16.0 and windows 7 32 bits thank you

Hi,
1.First create the Netlist (Tools-->Create Netlist) , Pop-up menu will be shown in your window then select allegro icon,then select the path (Net list Directory) after that select the view output.
you can view the output (3 file will be generate like pstxnet.dat,pstxprt.dat,pstchip.dat)
2.open PCB Editor and then assign the footprint path , setup-->user preferenc--->Library-->psm path and pad path
3.Make sure your board file should be in .brd format (if it is .dra format change it like file-->new-->select the board file and location of the board file )
4.draw the board outline and then import the netlist path like (file-->import-->logic-->select the import logic as capture CIS and netlist location
5.check the error is generate or not if it generate clear it
6.after clear the error place the component like place-->maually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back