Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacity of WCDMA Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolla

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wcdma capacity

Hi,

Does anyone know how to find the real capacity of WCDMA Network for single BTS site ?

capacity of wcdma

look it's almost impossible to know the exact capacity of a WCDMA cell because as you know WCDMA is an interference limited system and as the interference level depends on the bitrate of each user in the network along with the effect coming from the surrounding cells you will find that it's impossible to know that much of information manulally and calculate the capacity of a cell
but i once found a capacity calculation method in one of ericsson books in which he made alot of assumptions to be able to calculate the capacity manually for example he assumed that we have all the users in the cell using the same bitrate and that we have a perfectpower control and many other issues anyway in order not to give you headache he found out in the end that the equation to calculate the number of users in the cell is as follow:
K=G/((1+i)*Eb/No);K=number of users in a cell, i=other to own cell interference, and i thin that you know Eb/No
i hope that this is what you were looking for.

capacity of wcdma

Thanks for the reply ,But we have some methods to calculate the capacity of CDMA system which is also interference limited so there must be a method to calculate the capacity of WCDMA networks.

capacity of wcdma is

you are 100% right but i said that it's almost impossible not impossible :D, and you should notice that what makes WCDMA capcity calculations are harder than usual CDMA is the fact that in WCDMA we have different bitrates in the system which makes it harder to know how much the interference is, and even in the planning tools they use usually statistical data to predict the amount of interference, any way i will try to upload for you a chapter from a book that i have which is a about WCDMA capacity calculations as fast as i can.

wcdma capacity calculation

Thanks for your reply , I shall be thankful if u could upload some helping material regarding it

fast cell search in wcdma network

i am studying about CDMA traffic engineering and i know that capacity of CDMA can't be calculated directly. We only indirectly estimated. I have the document which explain this problem. It is on chapter 10 of CDMA -RF-system engineering.

capacity+wcdma

i need CDMA IEEE"capacity evaluation for DS-CDMA system" and "Erlang capacity of a power controlled CDMA system".
please help

caculator capacity in cdma

Very helpful book. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back