Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitor value extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmos_dude

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am doing a layout of a mim capacitor, and am getting property mismatches in the layout and source. This made me courious about the way calibre calculates the value from the layout. According to me, an mim cap value is calculated as per the expression below.

Cap = C1*Area + C2*Perimeter

Is this way the right one, and if yes, where can I find the values of this C1 and C2 ???

Regards
Cmos_Dude

you can find it in the process manual provided by foundry.

I could not :cry:
can you please help me where can I locate it.
I am using a TSMC 130nm process!!!

--cmos_dude

Maybe you can check your calibre command files. To debug this, please provide how much difference for your case. If it is less than what you can accept, you can increase the tolerance in the command file and get pass. For very accurate, you also need to check if any non-regular shape exists. For example, the area and perimeter calculation might lead to this difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back