Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

capacitor regulation of flying capacitor topology

Status
Not open for further replies.

danilorj

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,

is there anyway of regulating the capacitors of a flying capacitor topology using a external circuit? I mean, I know there other ways of regulating them using the switching strategy of the flying capacitor itself. But this I do not want, it has to be using an external circuit converter. And how will it be the control strategy for this external converter?
p.s. The one I am proposing is a four switch flying capacitor topology with three capacitors. One capacitor to the two inner switches and the other two remaining for the outer switches with a ground point between them.

Thanks.

I mean discrete analog switches.

You can't find any switches?

Yes. But this is not the problem. I'm using a flyback converter with a transformer with three-windings.
And then I'm regulating the voltage in the input of the flyback with its switch. Hereafter, I'm using a winding transformation to regulate the capacitors voltage. The problem is that the flying capacitors are not regulating just with the regulation of the input flyback capacitor. I think that might be a way of regulating directly the voltages of the flying capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.