Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cap across charge discharge fet in ti fuel gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheece2001

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im in the process of learning embedded stuff.. getting the hang of anlog stuf then later some digital and then after do my micro programing.

I kinda dabbled into a ti fuel gauge datasheet just so i can see how comfy i understand reference designs and they got this .1uf cap accroas the charge and discharge fets and i dont know why its anoying me... but whyyy are they there.

Il say my noob assumption is that they are there to slow down the voltage rise that the fets will see whether pack is charging or discharging.

Or when this high current gets switched there is some inductance there so the caps may be there to slow down that rise in voltage that may occur in that area to save the fets.

All in myvguese is that they are there to save the fets but the axact reason.. i dont really know. Just some assumption.

Since gas float moves easily while car accelerates and brakes, it often has a 1 minute time constant.
The FET discharge may be to change the RC time constant during power on then off after stable for a quick read,

ok.

on page 8 c16 and c18 is what I'm refering too.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.