Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cant append FTP file with sim800c,only create

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i am using Arduino nano and sim800c gsm module. I have a free ftp server i found on the interent. I am using terminal to check if ftp is working. The point is, for some reason, i can only create file on ftp server and write to it, i cant append it to add some data to the end of the file. So to create file i am using this AT comands.

Code:
AT+FTPCID=1

OK

AT+FTPSERV="185.253.34.65"

OK

AT+FTPUN="u202688_user"

OK

AT+FTPPW="*******"

OK

AT+FTPPUTNAME="privet.txt"

OK

AT+FTPPUTPATH="/"

OK

AT+FTPPUT=1

+FTPPUT: 1,1,1360

AT+FTPPUT=2,50

+FTPPUT: 2,50

I wrote this text and this is working well for me_

OK

+FTPPUT: 1,1,1360

AT+FTPPUT=2,0

OK

So after this commands i can see the file "privet.txt" with content "I wrote this text and this is working well for me_"

But if i want to append it it returns 71 erorr (operate error according to the datasheet)

Code:
AT+FTPPUTOPT="APPE"

OK

AT+FTPPUT=1

OK

+FTPPUT: 1,77

This error only appears when the file exists, so flag "APPE" does not work. If i delete file "privet.txt", it just creates a new file and writes to it. So i don't quite like the option of writing to the file only ones, i would like to append it mylityple times before it is big enough and i can create a new one. I didn't find the same mistake anywhere on the internet. Can anyone tell me where the problem can be?

Status
Not open for further replies.