Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can you program Pic32mx7 on the mx4 settings with Pickit2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wp100

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Noticed in a recent post of Btbass that he was programing the pic32mx7 series chips.

The pickit2 only lists it can program up to the pic32mx430, just wondered if in practice you can actually program a mx7 chip with a pk2 on the mx4 settings ?

thanks

Re: Pic32 - Pickit2

I don't think. But it is possible by editing software settings.
New PIC controllers like PIC32MX7xx/6xxx/5xx are not supported by PicKit2 officially.
PicKit3 or ICD3 requited for programming new controllers frm Microchip.

I am using the Real Ice.
I also have the high speed probe driver and receiver for it. Works really well, programs very fast and supports high speed trace.

I do have a PicKit2 but I havn't tried to use it with pic32.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies - just thought it worth asking if the Pk2 would work - seems its just a software device driver issue - but think modifiying that is a bit beyond me.

The new Pic32 starter kits with USB, Ethernet etc are now stocked in the uk and the prices seem very good to say that they come with on board programmer / debugger - a 18lf4550 in the USB board and a pic32Mx440 in the ethernet / can pair
**broken link removed**

Would love to have a Real Ice but will have to settle for something more modest, wondered if I could use that 4550 with the software supplied with those kits ?

Yes, those boards are a good deal. Farnell sells them cheaper than Microchip!
I think the software in the 4550 is the same as a pickit 3. So the interface appears as a pickit 3 debugger/programmer.

Hi,

Yes, they seem very good value kits, could buy the parts slightly cheaper but not smd assemble them with total confidence.
Plus the Farnell / Microchip guarantee is rock solid as I found out with a Pickit2 failed.

We had looked at doing a Pic24 ethernet design earlier but with the inbuilt power of the new pic32 it seem a bit pointless now.

Will be passing their Leeds trade counter this week - tempted - very tempted !!

Go for it, you wont regret it.

I do like the Pic-16 bit series, Pic24, 30, 33. Very nice micros.

But the 32MX, different ball game. The 795 I'm using has 512K of program memory + 12K of boot flash, 128K of ram and clocks at 80MHz.
These resources would be undreamed of a few years back, and all for less than the cost of a round of drinks down the pub!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back