Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can we use class in C

Status
Not open for further replies.

syedshan

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am aware that C is not an OOP language, but to put it simple can we use class in C-language

Actually I have libraries for a programming a device whose programming is done in C, i.e. its supportive libraries are in C language and they have used Class there, hence I am really confused with it and am stuck in understanding what to do for two days

Eagerly waiting for reply

Bests,
Shan

There is no keyword class in C. Its exists in C++ only. But still you can use the keyword structure in C which brings out some similarity like class

turbo C compiler accepts works for both C and C++, so one can mix

Dear thank you for your reply,

There is no keyword class in C. Its exists in C++ only. But still you can use the keyword structure in C which brings out some similarity like class

But it is like that, and yes you are right to my knowledge as well there is no such keyword 'class' but I guess like bhav has said, they have mixed both. I am using Visual Studio 2010.

If they are using so so is there any boundary or just it is as simple as combining two languages together

As C++ is just an extension to the C programming language, the Visual Studio Cpp compiler would compile a C program with no errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back