Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can we directly interface a usb port with ATMEL AT89C51?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajemahe

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can any1 help me??
i need to feed the input from usb port to AT89C51? Can we directly do it by jus connecting P3.6 and P3.5?:sad:

Short answer, not directly. See if you can get uC that has built-in support for USB.

Reactions: Priyo

Priyo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
89C51 doesnt have an USB support. You may use FT232 OR CP2102 OR PL2303 or such chips which convert USB to UART which may then be intrefaced to any 8051 micro through its TX RX pins.

you'll certainly need a converter to convert USB signals to Serial (RS232). The RS232 can then easily be interfaced with 89C51. Check **broken link removed**.

you can build your own converter using FT232 or you can buy from here.

got to any computer shop and ask for USB to serial cable which you will get in 150-200Rs. and now serial port u can connect to MCU and usb to PC... and OS will detect as com port with some no i got com4 and com5 you can check that in device manager

89C51 doesnt have an USB support. You may use FT232 OR CP2102 OR PL2303 or such chips which convert USB to UART which may then be intrefaced to any 8051 micro through its TX RX pins.

thanks for the reply..:) i googled on FT232 and got a circuit too.. in that, it connects the RTS#,CTS# of FT232 to RTS, CTS of microcontroller.. i dono whether a microcontroller contains RTS, CTS pin...:-( can u help me? plz send me a circuit diagram if u've..

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

thanks a lot..

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

thanks a lot..

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

thanks a lot..

thanks for the reply..:) i dono whether a microcontroller contains RTS, CTS pin...:-( can u help me? plz send me a circuit diagram if u've..

Microcontroller's dont have RTS and CTS pins, You can use any free IO pins for this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back