Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can vxl help in a higher hierarchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoyanli

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
it's the first time for me to use vxl in project, and I feel when it works in transister level or gate level it helps a lot, but when the hierarchy getting higher, it's more convenient to work in vle, do you feel the same thing, may I swich between vxl and vle very often?

I was always wondering, what are the basic differences between VXL and VLE? I mean except the native support for the pcell based layouts, router, are there any major differences you see when you use VXL over VLE?

Please post a table of comparisions if possible

Hello gaoyanli,
There are many capabilities that VXL has that VLE does not have. You mat use VLE if you are making layouts from transistor level. But as far as speed is concern, I think VXL is much faster to use than VLE. That is because of the P-cells that are generated when using VXL; unlike in VLE that u still have to make the devices. VXL also provides flight lines for easy connectivity. There is also the what they call “DRD” (Design Rule Driven); in this, the design rule is automatically enforce, meaning that you don’t have to measure distances and lengths often and check the Design Rule if you conform with it.
About switching from VXL to VLE and vice versa, it is always possible. But other capabilities in VXL would not be enforced should you switch from VLE to VXL because VXL could not recognize the devices that you made. It only recognizes the devices it generated. Switching from VXL to VLE does not have any problem.
I hope I helped you. :D:D:D
Regards,
Ronald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back