Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CAN USING PIC, SAMPLE CODES TO UNDERSTAND PROGRAM FLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

einton786

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CAN USING PIC.. . HELP!

HI
please accept my deepest wishes which arise when i see the contents of this forum which persist me to join the forum, As a final Year project i have chosen controller area network , i have decided to use PIC MICRO , i have already gain its basics and i m well aware of it now i have also get the detail of registers associated with CAN it but still i finding lapses in working on different types of registers , so i badly needed info of using those registers and their working i m unable to locate any kind of data I ALSO NEED SAMPLE CODES TO UNDERSTAND PROGRAM FLOW.

Re: CAN USING PIC.. . HELP!

If you are going to use Pic I would suggest you use the dsPic30 series. I have found that the can module in the dsPics is easier to use than the Ecan module in the Pic18 types. They are also 16-bit micros, so more power.
Attached is a small can library I have written in 'C' and used that provides all the basic calls that you need. Should get you started.

"If you are going to use Pic I would suggest you use the dsPic30 series. I have found that the can module in the dsPics is easier to use than the Ecan module in the Pic18 types. They are also 16-bit micros, so more power.
Attached is a small can library I have written in 'C' and used that provides all the basic calls that you need. Should get you started. "

DEAR BTBASS
XTREMELY THANX 4 UR KIND THOUGHTS BUT I HAVE NO KNOWLeDGE OF dSPICs ALSO THERE AREA ISSUES OF LEARNING THEIR CODES AND PROGRAMMING THEM AND THEIR PROGRAMMER. BUT IF U COULD HELP ME I M READY TO DO

You can download the 'Family Reference Manual' from Microchip, which details the peripheral modules and how to use them. You can also download a free C compiler, MPLAB_C30, that works with MPLAB. I find the 16-bit series easier to use than the Pic18 series. Setting up the config fuses for the Pic18 can be a nightmare. You can program in C, which is no different on either type.
If you realy need to go to assembler, again, the assembler language for the 16-bits is so much nicer and more logical than the Pic18 assembler.
There is also very little difference in cost, but a great increase in ease and power going to a 16-bit micro.
All the Pic seriers are similar, if you have worked with one Pic, it is quite easy to move on to another type, they share common peripherals and architecture.

Hi,
am also trying to implement CAN project using 18f458.anyone plz help me for developing the code. is it possible to send a sample code to switch on/off 2 led's from one node to another???

I posted some sample code using my lib for the dsPic30 series here

I found the dsPic30 can module is easier to work with than the Pic18 ecan module.
The basic ideas are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back