Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can this be done on 8051?

Status
Not open for further replies.

visiontec

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Basically I want to read a stream of audio Linear Timecodes which is a stream of frames made up of bits.

30 frames of 80 bits each = 2400bits per second

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_timecode

The bits will be coming on a port pin(not serial) so I need a timer running to accurately get the bits.

The question is that is it possible to read all these bits and at the same time output serial data and also update eight 7segments using:
AT89S253 - using xtal of 11.059Mhz
DS89C450 - using xtal of 11.059Mhz or 22.118Mhz?

Thanks

I can see no reason why this can’t be done ..
Especially with the DS89C450 running at 22Mhz ..

You have to cleverly address the issue of 7-segmet display while in the same time reading incoming bits hooked up to Int0 and, inverted, to Int1, so you can sense rising and falling edge of the incoming string ..

Sending data out via serial port shouldn’t cause major problems, as once a byte is directed to SBUF the rest is done automatically ..

Rgds,
IanP

Thanks

But now I just found out that the bits that i will be receiving will be in Biphase mark codes. So I will have to decode them to get my required bits.

Any info on how i can decode the biphase mark codes?

Im guessing i will have to use asm code to do this. coz C code will not be able to keep up with the timings?

Status
Not open for further replies.