Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can the ProPIC 2 do icp or iscp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizpic

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ProPIC 2

Hi all
I got a question to ask can the propic do icp or iscp if i make an adptor for ir

thanks

wizpic

Re: ProPIC 2

hi, propic is now like a generic name
which board are you talking about ?
if the board has not ICSP socket just report the lines (Vdd Gnd Prog Clk Data)

ProPIC 2

hi
Thanks for reply the one i am talking about is propic 2 gold and does not have the iscp on it but i know they do a propic gold with icsp i just wondered what the diffreance was

thanks

wizpic

ProPIC 2

the propic 2 (gold or not) does not do icsp. programming takes place the old school way - remove the chip, place it in the programmer and burn. the propic 2 icsp is obviously icsp capable - and it has NO sockets unlike the previous one.

ProPIC 2

cheers for info
i need icsp cuz i cant take chip out as it is SMT so it makes it harder. i have used the epic but found this is hit and miss and i heard propic is good
So has anybody got the shcematic propic gold icsp or recomend a god one

thanks
Wizpic

Re: ProPIC 2

For ICSP I recomend you ICD1 or ICD2 both for proggraming and debugging of your software. You can buy or made these tools by your self. If you need more information how to bould these tools search ELEKTRODA.
These are excellent tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back