Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can switching affects the battery voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurav_sdpl

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my application Battery is connected to load through Mosfet, and the mosfet is switched continously, wat i observe is the battery voltage drops from 3V to 2V in 7 hrs,

But when i coonect the battery with load with mosfet continuously on , the battery voltage doesnt drops much. So whether switching is creating any impact on battery voltage

PLZ help

Re: Battery switching

are you connecting the switching battery to the gate of the MOSFET... it would be better if you would post your circuit....

Re: Battery switching

Switching a mosfet on and off costs energy. Especially when you switch at high frequencies.
You have to charge and discharge the gate, which causes losses per cycle.
There are high speed technics to lower these losses. I thought one was resonant switching technic. (for power supplies)

Status
Not open for further replies.