Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can surface current distribution tell which type of polarization we have ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B4M

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I would like to know if surface current distribution can tell which type of polarization we have ? I am attaching a figure, can I deduce that the polarization of the figure is circular ?
Hope you can clarify this point to me!
Thank you very much! PIFAcurrentDistribution.png

Hi,
In order to obtain circular polarization you must have two modes spacially orthogonal and with a 90° phase shift. These two modes are usually distributed in the same manner in the space (for the electric or the magnetic field). The magnetic field can give us the surface current ( Js = H^n) and consequently you have the two distributions of current which are orthogonal spacially and 90°-phase shift.
Example : rectangular patch fed by two probes.
Two orthogonal dipoles fed by two distinct sources 90°-phase shifted.
As i can see on your picture, no information gives us the fact that it is a circular polarization.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back