Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can receiving amplifiers be used like a transmitting one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

halt

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help about Amplifiers

hello, there is on thing that i would to know about amplifiers.
So i have a TV amplifier (a booster) works on VHF/UHF. My question is can i use these type of amplifiers with a transmitter ?
In general can i use receiving amplifiers like a transmitting amplifiers. Does they work in two ways ?
Sorry for my poor english but i hope you have understand what i mean.
thx

Help about Amplifiers

"can i use receiving amplifiers like a transmitting amplifiers. Does they work in two ways ?"

i think answer is "no".
actully both of them are amplifier, but its signal levels are different.
in receiving amplifier, signal level is smaller, but in transmitting amplifier, signal level is higher.

Re: Help about Amplifiers

the transmit amplifier handles high power and has a high voltage swing to amplify the signal even more. the receiver amplifier focuses on minimizing noise.

Re: Help about Amplifiers

Hi,

I agree with what was said there previously. You could use is if "something is better than nothing" approach is good enough for you. It will work as an amplifier but the level of performance will be much poorer compared to dedicated transmit amplifiers.

flyhigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back