Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can NVIDIA MMX 440 64M support 24bit colors on Redhat 7.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wangrunlai

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IC 5.0 Install Problem

My video card is NVIDIA MMX 440 64M,does it can support 24 bit color on redhat 7.3?

Re: IC 5.0 Install Problem

I have Mandrake 9.2 and GeForce 4 MX440 and it works fine with 24bit.
I'm not sure about RH 7.3, since I haven't installed it on this machine, but I think it should run also, ....if not, you can definetely try Mandrake for IC50....for me the installation went flawlessly....also, Mandrake is easier to use than RH7.3 and even looks better :).
Good luck!

IC 5.0 Install Problem

I'm install IC5.033 need some csh file...i don't know waht is the file....

Probably you are talking about .cshrc . This file is somewhat similar with autoexec.bat in DOS. .cshrc is the startup file for the C shell. Each time you open a console, if C shell is your shell, the instructions found in this file will be executed. So, here you would set some variables needed by IC to work, also you would set the path towards the executable file in IC etc etc

For more information, check this topic I wrote about IC installation:

Also, you should do a search in this forum before asking questions, there are a lot of problems that already have responses. For me it was of great help, after reading through this board for a day I was able to install IC without asking a thing.
And also, you should be more specific if you want help....not say "I need some csh file...."... I think people here have better things to do than to guess your problem :).

Good luck!

read the info in the doc directory or IC500

The ".bashrc" file local under the user directory,it is a hidden file,you can open it with gedit through ". " and "Tab".

IC 5.0 Install Problem

It is right. But you must revise your env file (.cdsinit, .cdsenv, .Xauthor*, etc.)

after install, go to the doc section and read how to set it up

wangrunlai said:
My video card is NVIDIA MMX 440 64M,does it can support 24 bit color on redhat 7.3?

I have a question. If I want to install Cadence IC 5.0, it has to be 24-bit color, right? Thank you.

My video card is Intel 82845G Graphics Controller , and my Linux is RH7.2.

Can the ic50 run using 24-bit True Color??

Thanks!!

IC 5.0 Install Problem

my video card is nvidia fx5200 it also support well

Status
Not open for further replies.