Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can lint tools check netlist files? (LEDA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wufei

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i am using LEDA these days,
Can LEDA do some netlist checks and signal synchronization checks? if yes, how?
and where can i get documents about those checks?

I thought it can only check RTL codes.

thx

Last edited by a moderator:

Re: help! Can lint tools check netlist files? (LEDA)

Yes, LEDA can check CDC's on Netlist as well. However your netlist shopuld be complete other wise you have to set the incomplete block as a blackbox. For detailed ingformation please refere LEDA user guide

Really? How does the lint tool identify clk_gates? In RTL linting, any possible latch is flagged as errror/warning, but when it goes to netlist, tons of FGCG would confuse the lint tool, I suppose...

Any comment?

I am guessing you can tell the tool that clock gating is enabled. Then it should not throw such violations.

I think it is hard for the tool to identify the "intended" clock gating and "unintended" ones, like latches resulted from poor coding.
Anyone has some experience on linting netlist??? I've never thought about it carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back