Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can i use pic16f628a for a pic16f628

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyboy1959

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI
I am new to pics and want to follow **broken link removed** and it says use 16f628 i only have some 16f628a pics can i use these.
Thanks
Billyboy

Hi,

Just add that if you are following Nigels tutorial, its all good code, but his example of the ADC routine is over the top for the beginner in that he uses voltage reference diodes and buffer amplifiers.
While they do have there place, for a novice to start learning adc its way over complicating things.
There are lots of other adc examples, you just use a 10k trimmer / pot connected directly to a analogue port for your first experiment.
Nothing to worry about now, by the time you get to doing adc you will know a lot more and will understand things better.

Any progress with your project today ? - just post or pm your code over if your want it checking to see if you are on the right lines - in your own time, when you are ready.

Hi wp100

No i did carry on the other day but was at docs tuesday and i can not get into it with all the medication i am on at moment but i think once i master the timers i will have that get up and go and will master the pic.
Regards
Billyboy

There are some small differences. But it should be mostly compatible with 16F628A

I read the http://www.winpicprog.co.uk/pic_tutorial.htm page and the content seems to work completely with 16F628A

Good luck. Let us know if you find any problem.

A is for c language and the one without A is programmable in assembly only

sbhatty

A is for c language and the one without A is programmable in assembly only

Oh , no, no, no ....

ABC, Assembler or Basic or C all compile down into .hex code that runs on All Microchips.

Hi ,

Billyboy - got a mail about your latest post but for some reason it had been deleted when I tried to look at it ( some of the moderators are getting very pinikity )

Please repost it or prefereably PM the code to me and I will try and help.

wp100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back