Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use ".nodeset" in Hspice control file when A

Status
Not open for further replies.

purefen

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
.nodeset+hspice

Dear All:
Can I use ".nodeset" in Hspice control file when AC analysis.
Because I simulate the large circuit, and it cannot converage, as the result, I use the ".nodeset" . But I feel it may get wrong result.
BR. purefen

:?:

hspice .nodeset

You can use .IC instead to get the circuit converge.

When I have that kind of problem I first do a transient simulation with .tran UIC to make the startup of the circuit. After the circuit is in the correct operation point I save all the node voltages with .OP "some time". After this you can do the AC including the OP.ic file.

Hope that helps.

Bastos

nodeset ic hspice

.nodeset forces the simulator to start with nonlinear DC iteration at a specific point. If there is more than one DC solution you can select via .nodeset one of the possible solutions. Try it with a register cell. But .dc will force the node independ of a correct solution without this force value. So the result of your AC could be wrong. If you use a voltage source instead of a .dc you have the same effect. But you can observe how much current flow through the force source. If it nonzero the reslutl in inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back