Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I use Multi License file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liuzhili

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have some software with need start ./lmgrd license.dat
example,if I want to start software A, I need to start licenseA.dat, and then want to use software B,need licenseB.dat,.....
Could All of This licenseX.dat run at the same time?
If can, how to?
Just run one by one?
Thank you!

If using floating licenses, you can have multiple license servers ( multiple instances of lmgrd ) running on different ports of your license server. ( for example, the cadence license server can run on 27000 the Synopsys license server on 27001 and so on...)
If using node locked licenses you can merge all of the license files.

mami_hacky said:
If using floating licenses, you can have multiple license servers ( multiple instances of lmgrd ) running on different ports of your license server. ( for example, the cadence license server can run on 27000 the Synopsys license server on 27001 and so on...)
If using node locked licenses you can merge all of the license files.

Please forgive me to ask that How do I know if these are floating or node locked?

YES
i use 1 licence.file for all my product begin from PSD - MAX-QUARTUS-SYNPLICITY-AMPLIFY- and so on
and i dont use lgmr i use only system variable which connect to my file
:oops:

To check if you have node-locked or floating license:

1. Ask your system administrator :)
2. Ask the one who sold you the software :)
3. See your license file. If its first lines contain a SERVER and a DAEMON
definition you have a floating license. If you have only FEATURES, you have a node-locked license :)

After following the steps geconom mentiond refer to to flexlm manual provided by your eda vendor!

there are several method for it (I assume that all of your licenses are locked to the same node!):
1.run one lmgrd for each of your lic. with correct path.
2.attach feature list and daemon path from one lic. to another and run only one lmgrd.

BEST!

goodboy_pl said:
After following the steps geconom mentiond refer to to flexlm manual provided by your eda vendor!

there are several method for it (I assume that all of your licenses are locked to the same node!):
1.run one lmgrd for each of your lic. with correct path.
2.attach feature list and daemon path from one lic. to another and run only one lmgrd.

BEST!
Sorry! But it not working good, if the daemon and lmgrd is very different versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.