Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can i use inverter for general devices.....??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannnish

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can i use inverter for running radio or mobile charger or tvguard....?? if yes why and if no pleast tell me why??? or do i have to do any circuit modification for this?

Hi, inverter is a alternative power supply,therefore you can use inverter to power your home appliances.

Hi, inverter is a alternative power supply,therefore you can use inverter to power your home appliances.

can i use inverter for running radio or mobile charger or tvguard....?? if yes why and if no pleast tell me why??? or do i have to do any circuit modification for this?

YOU CAN USE INVERTER FOR RUNNING MOBILE CHARGER,RADIO. BUT DO NOT FORGET
WATT=VOLT x AMP

Most cheap inverters produce "modified sine wave" output rather than pure sine wave. They work well for most home appliances but you might see problems if the appliance has a motor inside it. Motors and inductive loads do not respond well to modified sine signals and it isn't normally possible to convert then to pure sine output.

Brian.

You dont need any modification, provided you power consumsion do not exceed the inverter capacity.

Inverter is used in terms of maintaining the normal power supply, we normally use the UPS for the computers, they usually work for a short duration.

Ups work for short time because it use a small battery with low Ah,if you changed it to a higher rating the time will also increased.

hello,

DC To AC To DC
Ironically, inverters actually convert direct current to alternating current and then back into direct current. This is because the majority of devices do not actually use alternating current. However, alternating current increases the voltage of direct current and provides more power. The inverter converts the direct current into alternating current to get more power and then either the inverter or the device itself limits the amount of electricity that can flow into it at one time by converting the alternating current back into a higher voltage direct current.

thanks

---------- Post added at 05:59 ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 ----------

hello,

DC To AC To DC
Ironically, inverters actually convert direct current to alternating current and then back into direct current. This is because the majority of devices do not actually use alternating current. However, alternating current increases the voltage of direct current and provides more power. The inverter converts the direct current into alternating current to get more power and then either the inverter or the device itself limits the amount of electricity that can flow into it at one time by converting the alternating current back into a higher voltage direct current.

thanks

inverter[/]

Status
Not open for further replies.