Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can I trust it completely?When pins are auto assigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

75 sinfocia

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
After my EPM7128LC84-6 was auto assigned pins ,I found that the 84th pin(INPUT/OE1) was assigned as a 'in' pin. The 1st pin(INPUT/GLCRn) and the second pin(INPUT/OE2) were 'GND'.What should i do,trust them or amend them? :oops:

75 sinfocia said:
After my EPM7128LC84-6 was auto assigned pins ,I found that the 84th pin(INPUT/OE1) was assigned as a 'in' pin. The 1st pin(INPUT/GLCRn) and the second pin(INPUT/OE2) were 'GND'.What should i do,trust them or amend them? :oops:

I think you should reassign the pins.

You should assign the pin according your CPLD's pin connection on the PCB, the software assigns these "INPUT/GLCRn) and the second pin(INPUT/OE2) were 'GND' " is that these pin is not used in your design, it is best to tie them to GND.

Hi,
I think you can believe the auto place pin. And the result of auto is best normally than you place pin manually.

FPGA Pin Assignment

One possible pin assignment method is to

1. First allow the FPGA software to route your initial design and give you a set of pin allocations.

2. Design your PCB based on this pin assignment and FIX this pin assignment so that any future iterations of resynthesis and P&R will not deviate much from this pin assignment.

Generally the pin assignment provided by the FPGA P&R tool is optimized for its P&R.

And of course reserve plenty of IOs to external connectors on your board in case you want to use extra signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back