Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can i simulate an loop antenna using ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

steadymind

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

can u guys tell me how to simulate loop antenna in ADS. i know the antenna dimensions and also the capacitance for tuning it.

i tried to do it in hfss but in vain. i dont know how to exite the antenna and how to put the capacitor in it and get it to resonate at 434 MHz.

please help

in the loop will be a wire , or it will be on a PCB ?

khouly

The loop will be a on a PCB. Is it possible to simulate and if yes how ?

your help would be appreciated.

you can simulate it at ADS but if you try to make a suspended version there ll be abnormal results. So try it at HFSS. And your choice of FR4 is poor in loss tangent and if you dont use suspended structure you may not obtain needed gain.

I tried it on ansoft HFSS. I was able to get the structure. but can u clear the following points.

1.how should i exite the structure bcoz i will actually put a 2.2pF capacitor for resonating.

2. what should the boundary conditions be.

3.should i model the substrate

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back